Add Value to Your Home with Custom Drapery Designs
For anyone in the process of reimagining their kitchen, living room, or bedroom, no look is complete without the right window treatments. Window valances are the perfect expression of personal style and establish the feeling of home. Whether you’re creating a sleek, modern design or a rustic farmhouse feel, Custom Drapery Designs specializes in fabricating one-of-a-kind window valances in Dallas, TX. We are completely custom and will provide design recommendations with vast array of valance styles considering the architecture and interior décor. Our design studio houses a large fabric collection with a wide range of fabric content, texture, pattern, and colors to choose from, so you’re sure to find something you love to make your home or office picture-perfect in a unique style all your own. Let us design the ideal topper to tie together your window’s new fashion. Please contact our experienced interior designers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to get started with an in-home consultation today!
Window Valances Have Been Popular Since the Victorian Era
Window valances are the uppermost part of your window treatments. They stand alone or pair well with curtains, drapes, or blinds. They’re typically hung across the top to frame your window or can equally be utilized to conceal drapery hardware and help to give your windows a softer, cozier look. Although window valances were first made popular during the Victorian era, they remain desirable today. Your window valances will never be thought of as out of style when working with one of our talented interior designers. From simple to ornate, we’ve worked with many of the most popular styles of window valances, including:
- Balloon – Full body volumes of folds for a full appearance, usually made with structured or unstructured folds depending on personal preference
- Roman shade – Hobbled or flat-fold fabric full-function shade accented with fabric splice or trim embellishment
- Cascade – Fabric folds tier to form a cascade finish which may vary in fullness and length to frame the window, often with trim embellishment
- Box Pleat – Features a pattern of inverted pleats spaced according to the fabric pattern or window configuration with options of contrasting fabrics and trim embellishment
- Swag – Multiple fabric folds overlap or mount side by side on a custom wood rod or board mount, often accented by various lengths of the jabot or cascade and trim embellishment
- Cornice – Fabric covered board mount with slight padding accented with nail-head or decorative trim embellishment
Energy Savings and Other Benefits of Window Valances
Aside from the aesthetic appeal of window valances, they also offer multiple other benefits. The thicker the valance material, the more noise control and privacy they provide. Window valances also help control the amount of sunshine in a room, which can be beneficial when it comes to energy savings. Most window valances are easy to clean with a damp cloth or duster. They’re also usually more affordable than other types of window treatments, making them a stylish addition on a budget. At Custom Drapery Designs, we can customize your new window valances to complement any décor.
Consult Our Award-Winning Interior Designers Today
Custom Drapery Designs would love to help you transform your design ideas into a reality. For the icing on the cake on your next renovation project, indulge in our breathtaking valances in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Contact us today to speak with one of our award-winning interior designers. We serve residential and commercial customers from as far away as Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Bartonville, and Westlake. From the initial consultation to the installation, we completely immerse ourselves in the project to ensure your total satisfaction.